Re: Carlisle ALL-Chrysler show

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 14:25:42 EDT

At 04:32 PM 7/14/03 +0000, you wrote:
>I took the convertible - its a white truck so it doesn't show the dirt
>too much, which is a good thing since I didn't even bother to wash
>it first. ;-)

How to win first prize in a show :-) Should be a candidate for DML FAQ :-)

>I did get lucky though being the only convertible on the fun field. :-)

Now if you had dropped the rear as well as the top, you might have
taken all top 3 spots :-)

>It can be a bit tricky to start out in 1st or reverse from a stop (it
>can easily start to chatter unless I hit it just right - maybe it
>needs a new clutch).

I wonder if it's a hydraulic clutch. A leaky seal and the hydraulic fluid
will cause the chatter. I can't remember if it can be fixed or if the whole
unit has to be replaced. My 86 Mazda pu did that.

>I went about halfway with the top down on both trips - sure was a lot
>of fun cruising through the PA hills with the wind blowing through my
>hair. :-)

Enjoy while you still have hair :-(

>This is a premag V6 with around 160,000 miles on it.

It got up to 75, eh :-) Puts my 97 with just over 30k to shame!

Wonder if you got any money as well? Haven't heard from Jim yet, eh :-)

Bob