RE: Re: Coke!

From: J Wynia (jwynia@pragmapool.com)
Date: Sat Jul 19 2003 - 00:20:09 EDT

I've been saying for years that the real cause of America's obesity
problem is Coke and other soft drinks with sugar in them. Everybody
seems to be blaming the snack foods, but, given how much soda most
people drink, that's the real problem. Compare the number of calories in
a McDonald's meal with a quarter-pounder, fries and large Coke. The Coke
has pretty much the same number of calories (450) as the greasy
hamburger or the deep fried french fries. Just take a look at the fact
that we've gone from 8 ounce bottles of soda to 20 ounces and they're
getting even bigger. Then add the trend in "energy" drinks that have
even MORE calories per ounce and you've got to wonder. I know I feel a
whole lot more full after a quarter-pounder than after a large Coke. If
I'm going to down 450 calories, I at least want to have something of
substance in my stomach.

On 7/19/2003, "Rick Barnes" <barnesrv@comcast.net> wrote:

>I once read that there are 18 sugar cubes in one can of Coke...the REAL
>thing!
>
>Rascal

J Wynia
Co-Founder