Re: ATTN: '03 BBQ Caravan folks

From: james.zito@ps.ge.com
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 08:19:37 EDT

Josh Battles said:

> I just wasn't sure what was required as I'd been to Canada several times
> before on just a driver's license but had heard from customs that you were
> required to show more identification now, that's all.

Jason Bleazard said:
I don't think the rules have actually changed, they've just started
enforcing them more strictly is all. Funny how they can make whatever
laws they want to, and it's up to the officers on the street whether they
get applied or not. (Just an observation to amuse myself at work... :-)
------------------

And I'd like to add last tine I was working in Calais, Maine and staying in
St Steven NB......

Note this was the second day I owned the Dakota had to impulse buy after my
Nissan puked it head gasket.

The temps were in the mid to high NEAGATIVE teens and the US border guard
didn't even want to get out of her little HEATED shack to look at ANY
documentation!!!!

The Canadian guards had drive up windows on their crossing stations and
would just wave me across on my driver's license.

Jim
03 Dakota 4x2

It was about