Introduction

From: Don Rey (don.rey@uconn.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2003 - 00:22:15 EDT

Hey, I'm now a proud newbie to Dakota ownership; last weekend I bought an 89
Convertible 4x4. This isn't my first Mopar... I also have a 74 Dart Sport
with a 340. I absolutely love my "new" truck, though! The day I picked it
up, I took a 12-hr bus ride to Pittsburg and 4 hours later I started my 550
mile drive back. The trusty Dakota made the whole trip without a hitch...
and she's already got 216,000 miles on her! Oh yeah.. and I drove the entire
10 hours with the top down :) Great fun! The truck's a 3.9L 4x4 automatic in
red. With 216,000 miles on that V6 it lacks terribly in horsepower, but
thats okay. When I get the funds, I'll look into a swap. For now its good
enough... and with the top down, I quickly forget about its lack in power. I
do have a question though: are siezed air pump pulley bearings a common
problem? The previous owner (a good guy, he's a friend of mine) replaced it
three times, then gave up and just threw out the belt. Eventually I'll have
to pass emissions here in CT, so I'm wondering what other people have done.
Anyway, I have one picture of the truck online at:
http://www.pbase.com/image/19458648/ I'll upload more in about a month when
I have a faster connection. For now, if you want to see my Dart Sport,
there's a link to those pictures below. This list seems like a great
resource and a great place to talk about the best trucks ever made!

Don
74 Dart Sport 340
89 Dakota Convertible 4X4
www.pbase.com/radon220/my_dodge_dart