Re: Idiot's @ Auto Zone.......(all true I swear)

From: Olznut@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 02:07:40 EDT

Of course, otoh, there's the parts, uhh, folks, that thing they know more
about your car than you do, which I really can't stand. You guys are the
exception it sounds like. Kudos to you!! With me, it's "I need a set of valve cover
gaskets for my '66 Olds F-85" Him, "what size is the motor, wait, it's the 350
isn't it" Me, "Uhh, no, it's a 330, she still has the original motor in it" Him
"can't be, nobody made a 330 and all the Oldsmobiles I've seen had 350
Chevys" I hung up the phone..........But to give the guy some type of credit, the
350 OLDS gaskets will work, most of them anyways :) The 330 Olds is the first
small block Olds, ran from '64-'90, and went from 260 cubes all the way to 403.

Now, does anyone remember Super Shops, or as we called it "Stupid Shops"?
Well, me and a bud decided to play a prank on one of their "pros". We called them
up and asked them if they had a patch kit for an Erson cam, you know, they
had a habit of going flat, so well, the guy actually told us to hold on and he
was going to go check his book, and after about 5 mins on hold, and us in tears
from laughing our tails off, he came back on and said that they didn't show
it and that they can more than likely special order it. We hung up and were
ROTFLMFAO!!!!

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca '01 Dakota Quad Cab SLT+ 4.7L 4x4 "Silver
Streak" '66 Olds F-85 330 V-8, Intense Blue "Project Olds" Will Be Finished
Sometime This Millenium!!