Re: Attn: Barry O re: shock research

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 10:40:11 EDT

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:03:10 -0400, DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us ("BARRY
OLIVER") wrote:

>I'll post the highlights...
>...especially when you consider lifetime guarantees... Which Monroe
and Gabriel have , and Rancho dosen't....
>The best that I can tell, Rancho RSX's are essentially Monroe
sensatrac's with differen't stickers or paint....

>>> dakota@billpitz.com 08/11/03 06:08PM >>>

Hmm... My shocks (Rancho RS9000X) came with a lifetime warranty, so I
looked it up on Rancho's site. They don't list the RSX shocks on the
warranty page at all, but here's what they do list about shocks:
--snip--
RS5000/RS5600/RS9000X LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY

Limited lifetime warranty on these Rancho shock absorbers, Rancho
Industries warrants each new shock against factory defects in material
and workmanship (except for finish, including the shock boot) for as
long as the original retail purchaser owns the vehicle on which the
units were originally installed.
--snip--

What I'm curious about is how Monroe's newer shock design ("Reflex")
performs compared to the Sensatrack.

I got a good deal on my RS9000X's, and the gadget factor of the
adjustability was enough to make it worthwhile for me. It rocks to be
able to crank them up before I'm going to be towing. Makes a night
and day difference.

-Bill

Some points I missed, Thanks.
The 9000's are cool, but I decided I would not want to mess with them
so the extra $$ for the adjustables would be wasted on me. That's why I
went with the variables.. soft ride on the HWY, better control on the
bad roads.
I couldn't find any warranty info on the RSX's and my local places
couldn't find anything specific either. Every place made vague comments
about "all rancho's.." but noplace could actually document the actual
RSX warranty.
A note about the variability of shocks: This technology works. I get
a soft ride on the Highway and on bad roads, they work great too.