RE: Computer Programmers

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 19:07:27 EDT

Just wait...it's coming.

- Bernd

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of jay & dana
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 5:52 PM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML: Computer Programmers

> By the way, after resetting the computer, doing a "reburn" on the
Hypertech
> programmer, and gettin' about 200 miles under its belt, the Dak is
> really starting to dial in.

Hi fellow DML'ers

I'm out of touch on the Computer Programmers for our Dak's. I've
watched "Trucks" on TV where they use these programmers for Chevy's and
Ford's, where they plug them in at the port just under the dashboard for
raising rev limiter and adjusting timing etc., but I didn't think these
worked on the Dodge Trucks because of the computer limitations. I own a
97 Dak CC 318 5 spd 4x4 what I'm wondering is will the Hypertech or Jet
or who ever else makes them do anything to improve performance on my
truck ? I guess what I'm getting at is exactly what can this or these
programmers do for my application? Any advice on this matter would be
greatly appreciated. Again I thought Dodge was exempt from what these
programmers can do to a vehicles computers. Apparently I'm wrong :-)

TIA
Jay