Re: Re: Need some parts locating help

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 06:12:30 EDT

<snip> I know this sounds crazy but I thought my computer was bad on my 93
and it
<ended up being that the wires that feed the ignition coil was too close to
<the coil wire that goes to the distributer. My truck would just die going
<down the interstate and then I could unplug the wires from the computer
<going to the coil and plug them back in and the truck would start right
back
<up. Then it would go another few days and do it again.
<
<Steve

Thanks for the advice Steve, but my neighbor already checked for that. Also
changed the coil 3 times I think. When he removed the computer, the insides
are falling apart. All the gel is cracked. Also, the computer is getting
power and its sending a signal to the dash, but the truck won't fire. Its
getting good gas just no spark. Everything else we can think of has been
tried. Right now we are trying to find someone with another 93 5.2 locally
so we can try slaving in that computer to see if it correct the problem.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE