Re: Routing around Chicago?

From: Chris Reck (creck@insightbb.com)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 21:48:08 EDT

I-294 is the best way to get around Chicago. Some truck traffic in the
morning and afternoon rush right around where it meets I-80. Also evening
rush when you get from 294 to I-90

I-355 is the other north/south route but I believe it's still got a lot of
construction on it.

Personally, I would not head out on I-80 west to I-39 north to Rockford.
The amount of time to take that 90 degree approach does not save any time
even if you hit traffic in Chicago. I would take only if you're not used to
Chicago rush hour drivers.

Chris