Re: WAS: My truck and my first questions!NOW:Head Lights.

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 11:00:52 EDT

""Craig Rash"" <2kdaksport@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:009d01c37d2b$ba45ace0$0c03010a@crashxp610...

> That's probably because they are so low powered.(just a guess)
> Since I got the truck I have noticed the poor headlight problem. Even
when
> I have my high beams on I can't see any better than with low
beam/foglights.
> What I end up doing is holding the switch in half way, this uses high and
> low beams and the fog lights. Even then the oncoming traffic never
flashes
> their lights at me. I've driven around with my high beams on just to see
if
> anyone notices... no one does. :-(
> I like Tom's idea of rigging the low and fog lights to stay on with the
> high's... anyone already done this? How complicated/expensive/damaging
can
> this be?
>
> Craig Rash

I've noticed that as well. I'm very dissapointed with the brightness of
these lights. I was even thinking of doing the full HID conversion... My
friend had done that on his focus, and when he hit the brights, it was like
daylight. At this point I just want to see better. Maybe I'll replace them
with the silver stars...

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L