OT: Yuppie SUVs WAS: Porsche vs. the "PIT"

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 22:38:16 EDT

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:29:55 -0400, jbattles@bankfinancial.com ("Josh
Battles") wrote:
>You're right, the H2 is the ultimate yuppie mobile - except it must be in
>yellow, not baby blue.
>
>This however, is different. This is a Porsche. Porsche's have never been
>trendy, so they don't qualify for the yuppie award. Also, from looking at
>the videos on the Porsche website, it looks like this vehicle is a real
>contender offroad. (I don't know about you, but I'd have a hard time taking
>$100,000 offroad.)

I agree about that. $100k is a lotta money for something to take
offroad. It had better have self-healing paint for that price. :-)

Anyway, here's something that I've always found interesting about the
H1 vs. H2...

The H1 has a pricetag of ~100k and comes with less creature comforts
than the H2 (although they've added quite a few yuppie features to the
H1 recently). The H2 has all of the yuppie features and is still only
~50k. There's got to be some seriously lacking heavy duty-ness of the
H2 suspension/chassis, IMO...

-Bill