360 Engine Ticking

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 22:36:40 EDT

Looks like I'm not the only one with engine ticking. Anyone with a 360
know if the engine normally makes a ticking sound? My moms current and
previous Explorers both made/make this sound. Old one was a 4.0 V6 OHV
new one is a 4.0 V6 SOHC... I cant really hear it inside the truck -
and cant hear it any time other than at idle. I want to know if this is
normal or if I should insist the dealer fix whatever it is thats wrong
before my factory warrenty expires - assuming something is wrong. I
heard it when I first bought it but didnt really think too much of it.
Its nothing like the noise of rod knock or the bad lifter in Christines
old engines. Any thoughts? Truck has over 31K miles on it now. And I
just installed a K+N drop in filter heehee

"Take me to the river, drop me in the water..." - Talking Heads

'89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x2 -- '89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x4
'01 Graphite Ram Offroad Sport, RC, 360 V8, Auto, Short Box! 4x4

http://home.earthlink.net/~silvereightynine/
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/