Re: Toureg (yeah, it's OT)

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 13:52:24 EDT

> "Michael Maskalans" <mike-lists@tepidcola.com>
>
> the cyanne has the wrong sheetmetal and a way wrong price. I also
> liked driving the Volvo XC90, Nissan Murano and my parents are loving
> their new-to-them '02 TrailBlazer... (silly bowtie) but I want low
> range (trailblazer) and ground clearance (none) and towing ability
> (trailblazer, xc90), and handling (murano, xc90).
>
> the Toureg bests my Dak in all of the above, and it will likely be
> coming with a stump pulling diesel next year, too. IIRC the engine
> they're considering is rated at 385/555 or something unreal like
> that....
>
> I'll just need to wait till I can get a used diesel so I won't feel bad
> about scratching it ;-) then it can be my daily driver and occasional
> offroader, and tow vehicle for the REAL toys.
>
> so jon, what's the combo to that safe in the barn? I think I need to
> make use of the Top Secret Steiger Formula For Success.
> --
> Michael Maskalans '98 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 318

I actually like the murano, but I'd definately have to do something about
that silly looking chromw strip along the nose. However, the CVT that
they've got in there is supposed to make it quite an interesting ride.
Might be worth taking a test drive. A Volvo might be interesting... Not to
mention that they're the safest cars ever.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L