Re: Howdy, I'm new. AND WHERE DO YOU GET FRICKN' TOW HOOKS?!

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 01:35:59 EDT

John Neff wrote:
>>there's a Mopar kit - others have already mentioned it. others here
>>use it, but in my not so humble opinion it Sucks. the hooks are just
>>about dragging on the ground and when you need to use them they'll be
>>buried. they stick out a few inches under the bottom of the air dam.
>>With a good sideways yank, the frame they bolt to hopelessly deforms,
>>too, or so I've heard.
>

> Hangs a couple of inches below the air dam and are just about dragging on the ground? How
> about 1.5" below the air dam? I have them, I know. Sucks? Yeah, show me anything not
> custom fab'd that comes even close to this setup. Bends from a sideways yank? Not hardly
> I've yanked tree stumps out with the Mopar hooks and they are just as straight as they
> ever were. And yes, a couple of those yanks were from a sideways angle. How about some
> solid info next time instead of "or so I've heard".
>
> John
> http://jndneff.home.texas.net/datota/dakota.html

Damn - if I didn't know better I'd say you were in a bad mood heh...

A little harsh there wernt you?

"Take me to the river, drop me in the water..." - Talking Heads

'89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x2 -- '89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x4 '01 Graphite Ram Offroad Sport, RC, 360 V8, Auto, Short Box! 4x4

http://home.earthlink.net/~silvereightynine/ http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/