Re: Howdy, I'm new. AND WHERE DO YOU GET FRICKN' TOW HOOKS?!

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 00:22:33 EDT

>there's a Mopar kit - others have already mentioned it. others here
>use it, but in my not so humble opinion it Sucks. the hooks are just
>about dragging on the ground and when you need to use them they'll be
>buried. they stick out a few inches under the bottom of the air dam.
>With a good sideways yank, the frame they bolt to hopelessly deforms,
>too, or so I've heard.

Hangs a couple of inches below the air dam and are just about dragging on the ground? How
about 1.5" below the air dam? I have them, I know. Sucks? Yeah, show me anything not
custom fab'd that comes even close to this setup. Bends from a sideways yank? Not hardly
I've yanked tree stumps out with the Mopar hooks and they are just as straight as they
ever were. And yes, a couple of those yanks were from a sideways angle. How about some
solid info next time instead of "or so I've heard".

John
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/datota/dakota.html