Re: Re: Re: Re: Almost

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 10:12:35 EDT

""ronald bruce taylor,jr"" <taylor9565@msn.com> wrote in message

> I've got the same problem with mine, I should have been in the 14's with
> mine this year!
>
> My v6 has a lack of lowend torque, but I think I have found the cure for
> that.......a 96'Magnum 318 long block I found for nearly FREE!
>
> I'm gonna swap out the 3.9 for the 5.2!
>
> Ron-
> '01 Dakota Sport 4x4
> Street,Strip,and Show

good luck with the stand alone management you'll need to get that 318
running.

i researched that very same idea (my uncle has an old 318 that he'd let me
have for free) a couple of years back. I found that the v6 pcm can be
flashed with the v8 program, however there's a big hitch in that method.
The v8 program won't accept a v6 VIN number, and if you flash it with a v8
number it'll give you all sorts of errors and a neverending MIL light
because the vin in the BCM won't match the one in the ECU. you can hook up
some of the components to the ECU so that your guages work and stuff, but
the engine functions will need to be controlled by a standalone ECU to
function properly.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong....

--
- Josh