2002 Quad Cab 4x4 - Shocks, Torsion bars, and Ball Joints questions.

From: Miles D. Oliver (moliver@linux.lgi.com)
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 09:35:11 EDT

 I'm one of the 'lurkers' here, reading but infrequently posting but I
have a few questions that someone here may be able to answer.

 I've got a 2002 Quad Cab 4x4 with the 4.7 V8. I just rolled over the
40,000 mile mark and am noticing that the ride doesn't seem as 'tight'
as it once was.

 This truck ride now seems a little sloppy and spongy. I drive 80-200
miles a day, mostly highway with very little time off-road with this
truck.

 My questions are,

 1. How long should the stock shocks be considered to last? Are they worn
out at 40K??

 2. Do the torsion bars 'settle' and lose their strength after time and
coud this be part of the change in ride?

 3. Should I be concerned about the ball joints after only 40K??

 Thanks for any input.

--
 Miles D. Oliver
 http://www.mmoliver.org