Re: Prob with 4x4 shifter slipping out

From: Hop * (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 17:48:44 EDT

My '97 is doing the same thing. After installing the body lift they didn't
bend the shift rod to allow enough clearance. So it would try to go into 4
high when i got on the gas. They bent it to clear and the next time i took
it offroad it was doing the same thing yours is. In 4 high it was making a
clicking noise and in 4 low it would pop out.
If you find out the problem let me know.
I'd hate to go and buy a new xfer case.
--Hop
http://home.swbell.net/hopsdak/dak.html

>From: "Wibbyo PEI" <wibbyo@hotmail.com>
>To: dml@dakota-truck.net
>Subject: DML: Prob with 4x4 shifter slipping out
>Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:43:08 -0300
>

>Hey all how is everyone.... my problem is on my 93 dakota Ext Cab 4x4 the
>shifter for the 4x4 seems to not stay in gear it just pops out of gear at
>any given time, anyone else have this prob if so what will fix it,I
>actually didnt get a chance to look underneath yet since I am using it
>everyday for work ....... but the winter days are comming soon and I like
>to check it out soon, so if anyone has had this prob before can ya please
>give me some ideas to check thanks
>Ryan
>PEI Canada
>93 dak 4x4
>89 dak convertable 4x2

>Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.

Surf and talk on the phone at the same time with broadband Internet access.
Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local service
providers in your area). https://broadband.msn.com