Prob with 4x4 shifter slipping out

From: Wibbyo PEI (wibbyo@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 08:49:08 EDT

thanks for the searching bud ill try the new fluid its probably that i just
bought it about 18 months ago and havent changed anything like that yet so i
dont know what is going on ..... only changed the oil and filters and
such..... havent got to the tranny or tcase or rearend yet but i hope when i
had some seels put in the rear they put in the good stuff....... thanks
again to you all who helped ill let yas know when i get under the dak and
get messy hahha
Ryan canada
93 dako cc 4x4
89 dak convertable 2x4

>However, there was someone on the list a while back who had a problem from
>>using the wrong fluid. I'd have to check the archives, but IIRC he had a
>>'93 and tried Mobil 1 ATF in it. Wouldn't stay in four wheel drive until
>>he flushed it out and put a different fluid back in. I think the guy's
>>name was David, but I'm not sure (not much help, I know). Maybe someone
>>else will remember more details before I get a chance to go digging.
>
>I belive that was Kyle. The dude with the never ending signature.
>Real dakotas are built.. not bought.
>--Hop

Ah... you're correct. It was indeed Kyle Kozubal...
http://archives.dakota-truck.net/0007/1209.html

When I came up with the name Dave, for some reason I was thinking of Dave
Kilian:
http://killercreative.net/dave/killerdak.html