Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: in search of front bumper brackets....

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 15:07:48 EDT

"Wayne Allewelt" <wallewelt@mai-aec.com> wrote:
: Josh try this link

: http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/media/neilshooks/

   Having done some work with bumper brackets on a few GenIIIs
at various BBQs and Daktoberfests, as I recall they are fairly
simple pieces; though I'm not sure I'm thinking of the right
thing since Josh had mentioned 4 brackets, whereas I only
remember 2.

  Anyway, I might regret this considering how busy I usually
am ;-) but I would be willing to help you to fabricate a new
set of brackets. It probably wouldn't cost too much; the trick
would be getting the relationship of the mounting holes and
nuts exactly the same as the stock pieces. (Which might
require a non-tweaked bracket to use as a template, depending
on how tweaked it is...)

  This may be a moot point anyway since I don't recall if you
were planning to come to Daktoberfest but thought I would
mention it as a possibility just in case. You might want to
check with the dealership first though; if the price isn't
too bad it might be easier just to buy them. :-)

  I just checked out Tenafly's on-line catalog, and although
the bumper brackets are listed, there is some problem with
it which is causing it to not display the price for them.

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'