RE: Re: Re: RE: Re: in search of front bumper brackets....

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 08:28:00 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of
jon@dakota-truck.net
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 3:08 PM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: Re: DML: Re: Re: RE: Re: in search of front bumper brackets....

  < Having done some work with bumper brackets on a few GenIIIs
at various BBQs and Daktoberfests, as I recall they are fairly
simple pieces; though I'm not sure I'm thinking of the right
thing since Josh had mentioned 4 brackets, whereas I only
remember 2.>

The other two brackets attach near the ends of the bumper, just outboard of
the fog lights, and bolt to the side of the frame. Helps slow down the
crumple of the bumper if it's hit near the end.