Re: Loading strategy? (and story)

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sun Oct 19 2003 - 03:54:22 EDT

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 01:48:36 -0400, andy-dml@levyclan.us (andy levy)
wrote:
>And that, my friends, is why I will take a soft tonneau over anything
>else any day of the week (but especially Saturday & Sunday).

To help people move? Sheesh... to me, that's about the only drawback
of having a truck! ;-)

Seriously, though, I agree. If there's any chance you're going to
haul something like that and need to get the cover off quickly, soft
tonneau is the way to go. I've been very happy with my Downey LTD,
except that the back end of it always sits a bit higher than the
rails. This starts at about a foot forward from the back of the bed
and gets worse as it gets towards the tailgate. I've checked
everything I can think of and I think that the only way to fix it is
going to be to bend the side rails of the tonneau frame. It's not
like it's propped up on the tailgate (though that's what it looks like
from the side -- although no one else would probably ever notice),
because there's a gap between the bottom of the tonneau frame and the
top of the tailgate as well...

-Bill