Re: Loading strategy? (and story)

From: andy levy (andy-dml@levyclan.us)
Date: Fri Oct 24 2003 - 00:11:26 EDT

Bill Pitz wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 01:48:36 -0400, andy-dml@levyclan.us (andy levy)
> wrote:
>
>>And that, my friends, is why I will take a soft tonneau over anything
>>else any day of the week (but especially Saturday & Sunday).
>

> To help people move? Sheesh... to me, that's about the only drawback
> of having a truck! ;-)

Hey, it gets me out of the house and gets me exercise.

> Seriously, though, I agree. If there's any chance you're going to
> haul something like that and need to get the cover off quickly, soft
> tonneau is the way to go. I've been very happy with my Downey LTD,
> except that the back end of it always sits a bit higher than the
> rails. This starts at about a foot forward from the back of the bed
> and gets worse as it gets towards the tailgate. I've checked
> everything I can think of and I think that the only way to fix it is
> going to be to bend the side rails of the tonneau frame. It's not
> like it's propped up on the tailgate (though that's what it looks like
> from the side -- although no one else would probably ever notice),
> because there's a gap between the bottom of the tonneau frame and the
> top of the tailgate as well...

I haven't noticed that on my LTD. I do notice that the tailgate rail
sits a tad high because of the extra foam on the lifting part of the
siderails up by the hinge..that seems to work itself out though once I
have the cover on and the latch secured.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/dakota - andy-dml@levyclan.us -------------------------------------------- "Whatever Adam does, do the opposite and you'll be fine" -Bob Tom --------------------------------------------