Re: rough idle question

From: Steve Mills (srm804@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 20:39:46 EDT

On both my 92 5.2s I removed the throttle body and cleaned it,especially
around the idle speed motor auxiliary air inlet.This is the only place air
flows in at idle.This has seemed to work for me.It seems to happen once a
year with a K and N filter.Hope this helps. Steve

>From: victor.williams@byers.com
>To: dml@dakota-truck.net
>Subject: DML: rough idle question
>Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 18:39:04 -0400
>

>I've been trying to get my 360 to idle better with no luck.
>
>Checked wires,cap,plugs,got injectors cleaned, new air filter,cleaned PVC
>valve,cleaned IAC which is only 3-4 months old, replaced TPS, checked
>compression - 165 on 7 cyl and 155 on cyl 7. Nothing has helped yet.
>No error codes. When I hook up a scanner the timing in the total advance
>seems to jump from 11 to 20 and is consistantly changing. Is that good ?
>The dash tachometer shows it's idling 2-400 rpm but scanner shows 574 rpms.
>Runs fine off idle. Would a bad timing chain cause this ?
>
>What controls timing at idle and what else can I look for ?
>
>Don't really know how many miles are on the 360, I got it used 20k miles
>ago.
>
>Victor Williams
>Marietta Ga
>1995 CC Sport 2wd,5.9l,5sp,3.55LSD,MP sp intake,Flowkooler,K&N
>dropin,Jardine catback,Flowmaster 70,CarSound Cat,Jacobs ign,MSD 8mm
>wires,Tow pkg,207rwhp,285rwtq

Concerned that messages may bounce because your Hotmail account has exceeded
its 2MB storage limit? Get Hotmail Extra Storage!
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es