Car accident - Won't be at Daktoberfest

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 22:08:48 EDT

In a haunting similarity to Andys week-before-Daktoberfest accident...
history repeats itself. Long story short - My mother was driving her
2002 Ford Explorer with my 91 year old grandmother in the front
passenger seat and myself sitting in the passenger side rear seat. We
were struck from the left side by an old Ford Econoline van doing more
than the speed limit... my mothers foot was injured and my grandmother
has brusing and pain from the force of the impact. We were, ironically,
on the way to the hospital for a DR appt for my grandmother. I recieved
a few cuts from broken glass and some bruises.

The van that struck us was doing at least 30 Mph and the Explorer is
almost certainly a total loss. Drivers side doors were caved in -
drivers front wheel was pushed in at a serious angle, hood and fender
were smashed. We were wearing seatbelts - which pribably saved us from
serious injuries.

I'll see ya guys at the BBQ next year... Jim! The burn out contest
challenge still stands!! hehehe

"Take me to the river, drop me in the water..." - Talking Heads

'89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x2 -- '89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x4 '01 Graphite Ram Offroad Sport, RC, 360 V8, Auto, Short Box! 4x4

http://home.earthlink.net/~silvereightynine/ http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/