Re: DML BBQ guns

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 21:18:46 EDT

At 09:49 AM 10/22/2003, Barry wrote:

>On the subject of Safety, I a NRA certified Pistol and Presonal
>Protection instructor, so I can help anyone that isn't familiar with the
>safety issues surrounding firearms.

Yes, ladies and gents, THIS MAN:

http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/dml/albums/antics/Pages/DSCN0329.html
http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/dml/albums/antics/Pages/03BarryAtWork.html

is an NRA instructor. Worried yet? :-)

Seriously, though, I'd be interested in the idea of setting up a range at
Jon's. I'm not an NRA instructor, but I have been around firearms since
the age of 5 and take safety very seriously as well. I'd say as long as we
remember that we're guests on private property (don't shoot stuff up that
isn't a designated target, observe local laws, etc) it sounds like it would
be pretty fun. I think earlier in the week would definitely be preferable,
before it gets too crowded. Once there's about 20 trucks there, I've
noticed it gets difficult enough just to keep track of them on the trails.

Barry, are you thinking this weekend, or next July? I don't have any of my
guns here, but if it's going to be next summer, maybe I can bring a rifle
or two back from Utah at Christmas. Too bad NY state won't let me bring
the handguns :-( but so be it.

Didn't you read the disclaimer?  http://www.they.com/disclaimer