RE: Minnesota, Daktoberfest

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 02:04:16 EDT

<snip>
> I can't do the IAT relocate that I was planning, though, since even
> with the extensive hardware selection they had, there were no superfine
> metrics - I need a 14mm x 1.25 bolt to plug the hole in the manifold
> and a nut to put on the back side of the sensor in the K&N....
> --
> Michael Maskalans

Maybe this will help. The IAT sensor uses common npt pipe thread. I used
the engine block drain plug on mine when I replaced that with a petcock for
easier draining. A similar plug should be readily available at the
hardware store. Or you could get a second sensor, then you'd have two
locations to compare.

As for putting the sensor in the K&N, if we're talking about the plastic
tube on the FIPK, just drill a hole slightly smaller than the sensor and
screw it in. It will work fine and won't loosen. Also works the same if
installed in a metal housing.

RayB