RE: re: RE: rough idle question

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 02:19:00 EDT

In your original post you mentioned "cleaning" the PCV valve. For no more
than they cost, I'd recommend getting a new one. :-)

Your vacuum seems fine for a stock engine. Mine's 15.3 at idle with all the
mods I have. Mine was idling a little rough at normal idle speed and the
solution I found was to turn the idle stop screw in 1/2 to 1 turn. If you
have a stock TB there will be a thin metal plug hiding the adjustment screw.
Use a sharp punch to tap a hole in it and then pry it out. Adjustment will
require a torx bit. IMPORTANT: Do this adjustment with the engine OFF.
Also, if you disconnect the battery after increasing the idle speed, the PCM
will adjust for it and lower it back down. Whenever I need to do that, I
turn the adjustment screw back to stock until the PCM has relearned for a
day, then adjust the idle speed up again.

RayB