Re: Insurance Question After Accident

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 10:30:27 EST

"Terrible Tom" <SilverEightynine@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> First I want to thank everyone for the well-wishes. My family and I
> appreciate them :-) I'm almost back to normal but my mother and
> especially my grandmother - will take longer to recover. Despite this
> spirits are pretty good.
>
> I snapped stills from video I took of the Ram and the remains of the
> Explorer. They can be seen at the following URLs:
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~silvereightynine/ford/
>
> The local Ford dealer says the repairs will cost over $8000 and we will
> "never know it was in an accident"

$8000 seems a little low to me... I was in a head on colission (I slammed
into the rear of a grand prix) and there was very little damage to my truck,
new hood, fender, core support, radiator, AC, Dash, steering column, etc...
and the total cost was well over $10,000 for my truck alone. The truck
looks and drives like it was never in an accident. (and those on the DML
who have seen it, know what it looks like)

I was t-boned like that in my truck too... (yes it's had a hard life) but
all in all it tracks straight and doesn't pull in any direction. If this is
a reputable body shop they're right - you'll never notice and they'll
straighten the twist of the truck. just inspect it very well and don't take
delivery unless it's *perfect* in your eyes.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L