Re: rims and tires

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 02:47:35 EST

On Wednesday, October 29, 2003, at 10:08 PM, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

>> the motorsports rims are out of the standard 16x8 mold (AFAIK), except
>> black:
>> <http://www.dakota-durango.com/photos/photopage/robbins4.jpg>
>> (from <http://www.dakota-durango.com/profiles/srobbins.htm>)
>
> In that case, could you get a set of the 16x8s and just paint
> or powdercoat them black?

I'm thinking that'll be the way to go once I get tired of the silver
rims. Once I've got more black and less chrome on the truck that can
become something to worry about. and after I've got dedicated offroad
rims, too - no point in *trying* to scrape off a nice black
powdercoating job.

as it is now, rubber to wrap them in is becoming more important by the
day. When I parked the truck tonight I found a nail bent over in that
damn Wrangler while I was checking to see if it's tread is legal (it
is, but only on the edges). it's lost like 3# since the BBQ, so that
may or may not be making a small leak, but it's definitely staying
where it is until I have something to replace it with.

I don't like the idea of a nail in a tire, and no spare.....

--
Michael Maskalans                '98 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 318
details here:             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/>