Re: Re: Granny Driving??..I Dont Think So Josh

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 10:05:27 EST

""Gary Hedlin"" <ghedlin@theramp.net> wrote in message

> So what is wrong with granny driving, Josh? You don't have to be a rocket
> scientist to know that the less stupid stuff you do, the less stuff goes
> wrong. I would have no problem going out and showing off, and I could
> handle the repair bills....but I don't because it's not worth it in my
mind.
> I've got other things I can blow my money on, and still be driving my
truck!

Maybe I miscommunicated my idea... I understand that beating on the truck
will cause premature failure of the parts and I've taken this into
consideration. However, I do feel that the failures I've had are a bit
excessive. Like I wrote in my previous message, I drove a mustang exactly
the same way that I drive this dak and didn't have nearly as many things on
that car fail - and it was 7 years old when I got it.

> But the main point is this...I feel nobody has the right to bitch about
> problems when they beat the hell out of their truck. Granny driving is
more
> than acceptable in my book. If you pay $20,000+ for a new truck, you
better
> damn well treat it right or you've just flushed that money down the
toilet.

And I expect the build quality of said vehicle to reflect that $20,000
pricetag. That's where I'm lacking....