Caliper spring

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 05:29:28 EST

Hey, DML!

I found out 2 days ago that RayBestos semi-meallic pads wear out after 45K
miles. At least they're shot on the DAKSY. I replaced both front sets & both
inner pads were low, but the driver's side was SHOT & I didn't like the
looks of the rotor, so I replaced THAT, too. Just happened to have a
left-side PowerSlot layin around....
Anyway, I rehabbed the driver's side first & started to rotate the BFG KOs &
when I got to the passenger side front,
I realized that the set up differed from the driver's side...The Caliper
spring is on the PS but it's GONE from the DS!
How the HELL can that happen? Well it DID - so I gotta get another part.
Anybody out there know if these are strictly "stealer items" or is there an
after market? Should I replace them in pairs?
TIA,

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
(OOOOOOH! BRAKES!)
Averill Park, NY