Re: sat. radio question (sorta OT)

From: Jim Miller WB5OXQ (wb5oxq@grandecom.net)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 15:50:19 EST

I have had XM for several years now and I never listen to anything else.
The quality is better than FM and never any static since it is digital. the
quality is about like mp3 files, better than FM but less than a cd but if
you are over 50 and male like me you can no longer hear sounds over 15khz
anyway so I cannot tell the difference. 9.99 a month is not bad for all you
get. Less than the cost of 1 cd a month. Signal issues are not bad in
Central Texas. XM has 2 Birds and only faills if you are between very tall
buildings on both sides of the streets and less than 30 feet from your
veichle. It plays well in heavy rainstorms, under large trees and even
inside my garage with the wooden roof. If you spend a lot of time in your
truck or travel over great distances you will appreciate not having to
change stations because 1 faded out. By the way mine is a Pioneer unit. I
even put eht mag mount antenna down in the bed of the truck and it still
plays flawlessly.