Re: RE: OT but funny...

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 10:52:34 EST

"Mallett, Donald B" wrote:

> Oh yes and true in many ways! Moved from RI to TX 5 1/2 years ago and it all
> true!!
>
> <Snip> If there is the prediction of the slightest chance of even the
> smallest accumulation of snow, your presence is required at the local
> grocery store. It doesn't matter whether you need anything or not. You just
> have to go there.
>
> Hey that's very true in RI, Just try to buy bread and milk, Its a mad house!

ever since the Blizzard of 78 everyone got snow-shy when we got
the 3' of flurries ;p

> Sure to miss those "Awful Awfuls" and the "Dels"!

YEAH DELS!!!! 2 Dels within 1/2 mi. of me :)
there even in Dunkin Donuts and milk stores also now.
(Dels is the best "lemonade" ever made!)

you can buy the frozen Awful-Awful mix and make your own now :)
2-3 scoops,milk,syrup and a blender.....

> I walked into a the 1st CVS drug store on opening day here and asked for a
> coffemilk, the Texan behind the counter had no clue what I was after! One of
> the employees from the home office laughed that some one would even ask for
> that!

coffee milk is RI/Ma/Ct only dude!!
coffee syrup and milk to the non-RI types ;)
just try it once and your hooked.....

hmm, I could ship the fixins and make a fortune!!!

p.s.
so, do ya miss the clam cakes or stuffed quahogs???? ;p

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121 Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced ;)