Re: Torque management-4.7l auto

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 10:25:57 EST

Just remember, you CAN trip the MIL with this wire cut. As long as you don't
do any "Brake Stances" (Power braking)....you'll be fine. However, I had
spoken with the PVO folks (when they were out here) on this and they
stated: "This was done to prevent unnecesary wear on the driveline. The 45RFE
and 545RFE are not a heavy duty transmission and can break."

It works....there's no question about this (2001-2003 vehicles only - 2004
models don't have the wire anymore)...but be careful. Best bet, put a switch
on the circuit and disable it only when you have to.

- Bernd

> well after hearing all the buzz about the Torque management on our trucks
> and reading up on what the HEMI guys were doing i went for it and tried it
> out. All i got to say is WOW. on the 01 4.7 Auto it is the yellow wire with
> the green strip. it is the number 10 pin on the TCM. I found the wire and
> snipped it (goign to be putting in a toggle switch so i can turn it off and
> on from inside the cab when needed. I took the truck out and nailed it to
> the floor and bam chirpped 2nd gear and it snapped me into the seat. Not bad
> for a free on demand shift kit. Also no codes or lights. It seems that that
> wire is theone that sends the request for the PCM to retard timing right
> before the truck shifts making it all smooth. Cut the signal and timming
> retard does not happen and it shifts are firm and quick. Next on the list is
> to add a switch to disable it on demand.
>

> --
> Chris
Lambert