RE: Torque management-4.7l auto

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@cox.net)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 00:38:31 EST

I had Torque Management on my 97 318 auto...

I was one of the first people that I know of which had this problem a
few years back once I installed a 2400 stall converter... It would drop
the timing on the launch giving it a "bogging" feeling. The only 2
fixes that I know which work on the 97 is to get B&M to flash it out, or
remove the output shaft speed sensor (disconnect it) and on each
startup, you would have to move 15MPH or more one time to disable it
until you shut the truck off again. This proved hard to do at the track
with slicks doing a burnout... it wouldn't have enough power (due to the
timing advance dropping to 0 degrees) to turn them to 15+ mph.

I fought the problem for over a year before it was pointed out that it
was torque management.

Tim Berry

is the torque management only on the 2000 on up daks ?