Re: Torque management-4.7l auto

From: John (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Thu Nov 20 2003 - 19:01:28 EST

Don't believe it if you don't want to. But, since the 48RE is new for 2003,
we're going to have to wait a while to see if they actually hold up. I
promise you don't know anyone who's been through 3-4 48RE's.

The argument was that you could not get an auto in a heavy duty truck. This
simply is not true.

BTW, no, I meant warmed over as in more power, not hotter day.

John

<snip>
I don't buy that for a minute. unless you mean warmed over like... on
a warm day. the better-breathing Cummins that I know of usually make
the swap to a stick after 3 or 4 slushboxes...
<unsnip>