Re: Re: 4 banger gas milage?

From: Bill Knight (wknight40@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Nov 22 2003 - 19:15:55 EST

My 97 Dakota SLT CC with 3.9L used to get 19 in town and 22 highway at
70MPH. It was generally stock except for the K&N homebrew cold air, Dynomax
muffler, 180 stat and the 3924 plugs. Traded it in for a 2000 Durango SLT
with the 5.9L, family grew. I' getting 16MPG city highway combo and 19
straight highway. The only thin done to it so far is K&N drop in filter,
tube on front of air box going past radiator, 180 stat and indexed 3924
plugs. Indexed plugs did not seem to make a whole lot of power differance
but it definately had a smoother idle. Next mod is the muffler, hopefully
the spintech's from GS Motorsports. Just my .02 cents.

<Tubamirbls@aol.com> wrote in message news:15d.2826e3f6.2cefa8f8@aol.com...

> I drove and considered a 2k 4cyl 5sp RC (used) then decided to buy a new
CC
> V6 auto from the same dealer. It was my impression in driving the 4cyl
that
> the engine was working pretty hard most of the time. The
transmission/axle