Re: The saga continues...was GenII Alternator Question

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Sat Nov 22 2003 - 18:48:58 EST

brett4hand@hotmail.com wrote:

> Here's my syptoms: This doesn't happen EVERY time I drive, but when it acts
> up, the Ammeter gauge runs low at idle, charging power increases with rpm's.
> Coming to a stop, with foot off the gas and on the brake, as rpm's drop, the
> ammeter gauge drops all the way down to zero, and the engine will shut off.
> Stop the vehicle, put it in park, turn the key, engine starts and runs. Oh
> yeah, it was doing this about two to three days before I got rear-ended, so
> it's not related to that. Checked the grounds in the engine compartment also,
> and they all appear to be solid/clean.
>
> Any ideas/suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Brett Forehand
> '94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto

most likely its a bad ground or connection.

1) clean the plug/s connection/s at PCM, use "contact cleaner"
avail. at Radio shack etc. (disconnect batt. to do this)

2) remove ground cable from eng. and clean it well w/ sandpaper
and block bolt also. tight doesnt mean its good.

3) clean connections at Alt.? but you already had it off.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121 Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced ;)