Should I replace the caliper?

From: Rob S (robert_schultz@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 13:34:12 EST

After 110,000km I finally swapped out the front rotors and pads. The
old ones where in pretty bad shape to say the least.

When I got the passenger caliper off, a chunk of the piston fell
out. A little piece, about 1/2" wide by 1/4" and about 1/8" thick.
Pictures here:
http://home.primus.ca/~rschultz/Dakota/Dakota%20Brake%20Caliper%20-%20Damage.jpg

Does this caliper need to be replaced? The missing chuck goes right back
to the groove where the boot seats.

On the drivers side I had a 'Whoops' moment when I was cleaning away
some of the rust and tore the boot. I applied some sealant so I don't
think that's much of a problem.

Rob S.