Re: Quick help guys(& gals)..... Also some body pices available...

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 01:26:35 EST

"Bill Day" <billday@consolidated.net> wrote:
[...]
: Let me know what you guys think as soon as you can, as I need to call my mom
: back and have her grab it so I can go fetch it.

  I'm as much of a sucker for a good deal as the next guy, but
I don't think this swap would be worthwhile. This is a pre-mag
V8 which has the exact same power output as your Magnum V6! So,
although you would gain 2 cylinders you wouldn't gain any
additional power (though you would probably gain some extra
weight and actually end up with a net decrease in performance.) :-)
Unless of course you are planning to modify the V8 to bring up
the performance. Even so, IMHO, a Magnum V8 would be a better
starting place. Before the flames start ;-) let me say I have
nothing against the premag motors (heck I have one myself), but
an engine swap of this nature is going to be somewhat involved,
there will be problems, trials, tribulations, blood, sweat, tears
and it will take some time. If it were me, and I was about to go
through all that trouble, I'd like to end up with a big improvement
when I'm done, not the same as before or even worse performance!

   $100 sure sounds like a nice price though, you might want to
think about buying it anyway to part it out and then apply that
money towards a more potent engine swap?

  Good luck with whatever you decide!

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'