Re: interesting pick

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sun Dec 21 2003 - 02:32:25 EST

On Dec 21, 2003, at 12:34 AM, Aaron Wyse wrote:

> I think now that
> they've decided to try and play the game the American way.. we'll see
> how
> well they hold up to the way we abUSE our trucks in the US. how much
> margin do you think the nissan has for overloading & exceeding it's
> limits?

I think you might have a good point there. how many Nissans do you
think we'll see in 20 years doing plow duty with plywood floorboards
and a homemade flatbed? how many owned by private contractors hauling
an entire split level's roof to the dump in 2 trips with one that's
beat to hell and riding on 3/4 ton springs?

few if any is my guess. but it could be for one of a few different
reasons - they won't put up with the extreme abuse, they won't be
bought by those who dish out the extreme abuse, or they might just put
up with it and we'll never notice them quietly straining alongside the
Big Three's offerings.

time will tell.

--
Michael Maskalans                '98 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 318
details here:             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/>