RE: Cap for QC

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 22:28:54 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of Curt Coulter
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 4:56 PM
To: DML List
Subject: DML: Cap for QC

<I think the Leer 100XQ is a really sharp looking cap. I'd love to hear
comments from those that own one of these caps, or from others that bought
another cap they like better, etc>

Granted they look good especially when they're color matched.

I have a Leer 100 crown. I probably will get something other than a Lear
next time.
The flange that sits on the bed rail is too thin and flexible. It deforms
while sitting in the overhead rack during the summer.
Fifteen years ago Leer bedded a 1x3 piece of wood in the fiberglass bottom
edge that kept the edge flat and straight and provided a good clamping
surface. That's been eliminated.

Also the locks on the lift gate handles have no metal shutter. After four
years the handle assembles needed to be replaced because the lock cylinders
were so corroded they wouldn't operate. I had kept a rubber boot on each
handle and sprayed lubricant into the lock weekly. The replacement handles
are for another brand that I modified to fit and look like much better
quality.