RE: Warranty Trouble with Supercharger and other mods?

From: Bob Mankin (bob@coralfarms.com)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 01:18:35 EST

> If they are avoiding putting anything in writing it's for a
> reason.. mainly
> sidestepping the issue..
> I would assume that if they were in the right, they wouldn't have
> a problem
> with stating exactly what modifications you have that are voiding the
> warranty.

Don't put it in writing????

Taken from a Chrysler Corporation Service Contract sitting right in front of
me. Page 1 under "ELIGIBLE VEHICLES" you find the following:

"IMPORTANT! The following vehicles are NOT eligible ..............vehicles
altered or converted from the original manufacturer's specifications...."

IMPORTANT and NOT are both in bold and underlined. I think they are trying
to get your attention.

>Plus, they would want to have thier written statement entered
> into thier computer attached to your VIN.. Otherwise.. couldn't you simply
> discuss it with another dealership.
> Aaron Wyse

When you get blackballed, it definitely goes into the computer and you get
the nice little district rep with an attitude who calls to say "looks like
you've been trying to shop me around" when you try to get a second opinion
on the matter. The buck stops with the district rep. The national 1-800
number for disputes is a false security blanket to give you a warm and fuzzy
that you might have someone on your side .......don't kid yourself or waste
too much time calling.

There is always small claims if you feel you are being deprived of your
civil rights, but you better have your duckies in a row. Magnusson-Moss
won't help you on the extended service contract stuff, sorry.

Bob
- who's been there, done that and owns the greasy t-shirt to prove it. Still
haven't got my voided service contract refunded in full from 2.5 years ago.