RE: Was: Slide in camper NOW: 5th wheel?

From: Bill Nissley (bill@nissley.com)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2004 - 06:03:50 EST

It is a firestick for my ham radio, I have 2 different ones, a 1/2 wave and
a 1/4 wave. I use the 1/2 wave on trips, you can see it in the picture with
the trailer.

As for mounting, I didn't drill any holes, I also have a problem with that.
The cable is a special one that has an o-ring connector so it doesn't have
to loop down. It come out horizontally from the shaft. It runs directly
under the hood and from there I have the excess cable loosly looped (to
prevent a "coil" problem) in the fender opening. From there I run the cable
trough the large access whole that is full of cables into the cab of the
truck.

Here is the mount and cable:
http://www.firestik.com/Catalog/MK-184R.htm

Bill