Re: Midnight Engine Swap??

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2004 - 09:50:31 EST

On Jan 9, 2004, at 02:55, Gary Hedlin wrote:

> Well, it's going to be time for me to do an engine swap, and I was
> wondering
> how long would it take to swap a 3.9 with another 3.9??? I may be
> able to
> get a few friends to help, so I'm wondering if it's at all possible to
> do it
> in a very long evening with 3 guys and an engine lift???
>
> This post is probably confirmation that I've lost it, but I'm convinced
> having all this engine stuff around is bad karma for me.....so I want
> to get
> this over with. :)

well Tom ought to be able to tell you all about it, but my second hand
experience says that if you don't run into any complications (unlikely)
and get the prep work done ahead of time and know what you're doing
that it ought to be possible.

my two buddies with the shop did a complete 350+auto trans in a weekend.

I think Tom's swap took around a week, without help?

but if it's your first swap, I'd budget two days at least.

just my non-expert, non-first hand expirience talking.

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota CC 0x4 318 (Borked)   '84 RamCharger 4x4 360 (DD)