What might be causing this?

From: Phillip Batson (pbatson68@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 11:18:26 EST

I noticed today when I got to work and parked, I let
the engine run a couple of minutes while I was
preparing to go into the building, and it kept
dropping to ~500rpm then move up to ~700rpm then back
down again. It did it a few times before it evened
out.

I know its time to change the plugs and do my oil
again, but could that be the cause? Just wondering if
I need to possibly look into changing plug wires,
distributor etc. I've got about 55k on it now. I've
been changing the plugs every 10-15k.

Thanks guys!

=====
Phil