Exhaust exit options

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 03:12:01 EST

I like the look of the dual pipes exiting right in front of the rear
passenger tire. There are a few questions regarding this. Keep in mind I
have a QC, 4.7L auto with a cat back system currently installed. I would
just change where the exhaust would exit.
1) Does the heat from the exhaust have any negative impact on tire life
span?
2) The wheel, dose it get coating of exhaust crud on it, like rear bumpers
do from rear exhaust?
3) Would the tone of the system change much?
4) The battle of the droning cab noise is on going, would this change much?
Any other pro or cons about this? One pro I can think of is that much less
weight from the pipes,

--
Don Mallett