Re: Shipping Large Things

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 17:32:18 EST

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 20:04:57 +0000, Travis Bailey <dusterrt@msn.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to sell a number of things to a gentleman in Texas (parts from
> my former '71 Duster project...paying for most of my Dakota, there's the
> Dak content lol). Along with other things I'm sending a K-frame, a set
> of wheels and tires, bumpers, possibly a transmission...what is the most
> economical way of sending these things? I've never dealt with anything
> of this proportion before, hoping someone else has and can save some
> time, money and headaches..thanks guys,

You could also look into moving companies aside form freight companies.
Freight companies usually have to deliver to a dock or will only drop stuff
at the curb in a residential area. I know someone he buys and sells strange
items. And for things that need to be shipped long distance he hire a
moving company. They will also crate it up for a fee.

--
-Droo

http://www.grandroyal.org/dakota