Re: spray in bedliner

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 18:22:13 EST

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 16:37:11 -0500, ksellstr@softcom.nospam.net
("Kevin S.") wrote:

>Had Rhino do it last summer for $350 under or $400 over - whic seems to
>be the going price in California.
>
>I had Line-X in the last truck, like the Rhino much better. Their cust.
>service is much nicer (all depends on the local store a lot) and the
>liner is softer and less abrasive. It keeps things from sliding just as
>well but doesn't scrath my stuff or my knees as bad.
>
>As for service, Line-X is very particular about having any repairs made
>by the dealer who installed it while Rhino is much more flexible (I
>moved and Line-X wanted me to drive 200 miles to the dealer rather than
>take it 20 iles to the local guy).
>
>Either is good, just different.

Yeah... I'd definitely recommend looking at a finished job of both on
a truck before you decide -- ideally you want to find someone you know
who has each so that you can look at it after at least a few months of
regular use. The color/texture/skit resistance does change a bit over
time. It really depends a lot on your use of the truck. I prefer the
Rhino because it's still tough enough to handle wood and yard crap but
not as rough as Line-X. Most of what I carry around in the bed of my
truck is boating and water sports stuff, so I frequently climb around
back there to get stuff out of the truck.

The original drop-in duraliner was horrible on my knees.

Just FYI, I paid $350 + $75 for over-the-rail for my Rhino lining last
January.

-Bill